Established in 1997, this office is in charge of organizing committees, making school regulations and systems, holding MBO evaluations, collecting basic information of school affairs, releasing campus publications and recording important events. In 2008, it also included the school development committee, school development planning, overall development subsidies and budget planning program, construction promotion of the northern campus, and development of Kaohsiung Campus. One year later, it completed STU Regulation Codifications (of administrative divisions and teaching divisions). From 2009 to 2010, the office implemented internal control and internal auditing system.
Under the instructions of President Chu, and Vice President, Chen, the office is dedicated to coordinating administrative affairs among divisions and managing synthetic administrative matters in order to actively sustain reputation of the school and to construct its public image.
The office initiates medium and long-term school development and organizes the school profiles and events by mediating future school development and current policies and affairs. In addition, the school vision is carried out via a combination of constant innovation and accumulated experiences.
The office aims at effectively bridging community and social resources and at sustaining the school reputation and construction of the entire image.
The office functions as planner, executer, negotiator of the school development.
- Arrangement of Office Affairs:
(1) To assist each administrative division and teaching units to pursue excellence by
– highlighting school features, and meeting needs of enterprises to gain school prestige
– consolidating high-quality service and cultivating students for immediate job market
– strengthening industrial and academic cooperation and providing opportunities for faculty participation
(2) To assist each division for better improvement and school competitiveness
– self-evaluation and reflection for efficiency, high-quality, and innovation as well as better competitiveness and school cohesion
– striving for more subsidies and personnel quota from MOE in order to shorten distances between public and private school resources
(3) To create unique advantages by integrating strategic planning of each division
– encouraging development and marketing of multiple industries and strengthening learning accesses to humanity, society and art to cultivate students’ character
– hiring professional personnel of great academic and practical capabilities
– gaining more subsidies and personnel quota from MOE to implement vocational education both in theory and practice
(4) To market school features
– developing school features by emphasizing differentiation and innovation in the lead
– accumulating running performances and event records of STU to highlight reputation, including news compilation, event records, and school news bound volumes.
– customizing marketing population through systematic and high-quality media, including school news, school introduction and school magazine
– electronic orientation to market school via school magazine, school introduction and school news.
– long-term accumulation of media reports of STU and internal publications to manifest the school motto
- Future development:
The office will play a role as integrator and planner to create and develop the school vision. In addition, it will assist both administrative and teaching divisions to pursue perfection and to establish a high-quality team. Through systematical media propagation, the well-sustained STU image will be spread to students, parents, government, and the public.